We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids Run RVA
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids Run RVA---the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- CarMax Tacky Light Run Celebrates 10th Running on Dec. 10; Event Registration Now Open Monday, September 12th
- New Event Update: Harvest Hustle 5k and 1-Miler announced for October 29 Monday, August 29th
- 'Run Richmond 16.19,' in Partnership with Djimon Hounsou Foundation, Set for Sept. 17 in Richmond Wednesday, August 17th
- Event Update: Virginia Credit Union Moonlight Ride Rescheduled for Friday, August 26 Friday, August 12th
- Sports Backers' Half Marathon Training Team Kicks Off August 6 and August 7 Wednesday, August 3rd
There are 6,500 people annually who volunteer to make Sports Backers and its events and programs the successes they are. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.