Pricing and Information
Special Rate! Through April 30: $55
Special $15 Income Based Rate for those who qualify. See qualification details below under “Income Based Rate” or email us at email@example.com.
If you prefer to register offline, you can print out an entry form and mail it in.
Registration closes February 20 @ 11:59 PM.
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
- Entry in the April 22nd Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k
- Ten-week training program (starts on Saturday, February 11) with an interactive digital guide
- Guidance from experienced coaches
- Organized weekly group runs/walks (For those who would like to opt out of the group runs/walks, simply sign up for our Virtual YMCA 10k Training Team during registration. You’ll still receive all of the perks, but you’ll train on your own.)
- A special YMCA 10k Training Team shirt
- 10 free visits to your local Greater Richmond YMCA
- Clinics with unique topics like Gear & Hydration
Novice and Walkers
You are excited to jumpstart or restart your fitness journey, you have been approved by a medical professional to participate in an exercise program and you have your eye on the prize- Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K presented by Kroger. This 10-week plan is designed to prepare you to complete the 10K, regardless of your speed. You have done minimal to light exercise. You want to have fun while getting out and moving!
Intermediate and Walkers
You have been walking or running routinely (approximately 9-12 miles a week comfortably outside) and you are ready to up your game and pace by adding some more intense workouts into your training schedule. This 10-week plan is designed to train you to race faster in the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k presented by Kroger, regardless if you are walking or running.
Not sure what group you belong in? Take a look at the Training Team Schedule for the first two weeks.
Before the first Group Run/Walk on Saturday, February 11, you will receive an interactive digital guide with the complete ten-week training schedule. Every Saturday you will meet at your group training location (at the time designated by that location). The other days of the week, you will be on your own to follow the training schedule.
Virtual 10k Training Team
Do you want the YMCA 10k training team plan and support but can’t make it to the weekly group runs? You can now sign up for our Virtual 10k Training Team, an extension of the YMCA 10k Training Team! Just select “Virtual – Train on my own” as your training location when registering for the YMCA 10k Training Team or you can simply add on the Virtual 10k Training Team for $25 when registering for the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k.
Already have a crew, group, or squad you love spending time with? All want to train for the 10k together? Assemble a training team on your own whether it’s your coworkers, neighborhood, gym friends, or running buddies and register for the virtual 10k Training Team! Want more info, or guidance? We’d love to provide additional support and talk it all through with you. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people from all corners of our community to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for all of our training teams. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services and are not currently claimed as a dependent by anyone making above $25,000 annually are eligible for a special $15 rate for the 10k Training Team. Please provide one of the following documents for verification:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- Tax return
- YMCA income-based rate participant verified by YMCA
For those that qualify for the income-based entry fee, please come by our office, email this completed form and your verification document to email@example.com or or mail it it all to Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs or in the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k.
- Dogs are not allowed on group runs. If you have a service dog, they need to have their vest.
- You must be at least 6 years of age to participate. If you are under the age of 16, you must have a parent/guardian present at the training location for the entire training run. Please note, coaches are out there for the entire team, not individual coaching.
Deferrals will not be offered for 2023 YMCA 10k Training Team participants. Refunds will not be issued under any circumstances. For questions, email us.
Entry fees are non-refundable, even in the case of a race cancellation, postponement, event format changes, and/or if you are unable to participate. Race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another person. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, and you may not give or sell your number or timing chip to anyone else. Anyone found participating with another person’s number will be disqualified and both people will be barred from future Sports Backers events, including the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k and Richmond Marathon.