To give you a little background
We live what we do. The Sports Backers staff is a passionate bunch, and we want our new team members to be passionate also. If you’re into the active lifestyle and want to help us spread the love of physical activity to the rest of Richmond, you’ve come to the right place. But just to warn you, we can’t take everyone… So dazzle us!
There are currently no open positions.
Bike Walk RVA Assistant
Bike Walk RVA (a program of Sports Backers) is looking for a fun, creative, energetic and enthusiastic assistant to help promote biking and walking in the Richmond region.
- Significant involvement in preparation and execution of 2021 RVA Bike Month (October)
- Creating website and mapping resources, including RVA Bikeways Map revamp, Fall Line website updates, and developing new Fall Line story map
- Assist Bike Walk RVA with efforts that include educating people who bike, walk, and drive on safe transportation habits
- Attend other community events to engage residents with Bike Walk RVA
- Work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Interest in biking and walking for transportation and recreation
- Community engagement experience required
- Microsoft Office suite experience required
- Arc GIS experience desired
- Graphic representation desired
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
This is a short-term, stipend position. Pay rate is $15/hour for a maximum of 134 hours. Approximate work period from October 1 to mid-November, 2021. Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.